This is an 1.5hr-long session during the Mozcamp Beta to introduce people to a menu of projects that they can use in their local communities after the training event.
Facilitators: Larissa Shapiro, Michelle Thorne, William Quiviger, Vineel Reddy
Maker Party: A hands-on party for making the web. Invite new partners to focus on teaching web literacy and grow a local learning network.
- Gauthamraj Elango
- Vikas Burri
FirefoxOS App Day: Introduce Firefox OS and Firefox Marketplace, and share knowledge about the tools available to help developers get started building apps to submit to the Marketplace.
- Kaustav Das Modak
- Sayak Sarkar
- Faisal Aziz
- Galaxy Kadiyala
- Soumya Deb
MDN Evangalism Training: A training for how to give an effective presentation. Learn to give demos of Firefox OS and other Mozilla tools as well as talk about the open web's benefits for developers.
- Priyanka Nag
MozCoffee: A small-scale informal meetup to share activities and connect with the community and general public. Easily reproducible and frequent, serving as a meeting point local communities.
- Ankit Gadgil
1. Your story of Mozilla: Learn how to recruit based on the mission by sharing how you got involved in the project. Spilit into groups of 4. (15min)
Tell your story to your neighbor. Share your path: the steps you took, what encouraged you, what motivated you. Share back.
2. Teach in Pairs: Share a skill with your partner to learn about how to best teach someone. (15min)
In pairs, turn and teach your partner something. It can be about anything! One person teaches for 5min, then swap. Then join another pair and share what you just learned and what was effective for you as a learner and a teacher.
3.Projects for Community Building: Speekgeeking (30min)
Learn about project case studies about community building in the region. Presenters stay at the station and the rest of the participants rotate around in small groups. These stations comprise an "project menu."
4. Grow the Project Menu: Other ways to take action (15min)
Share back. Add event types and other ways to take action in a large group.
5. Understanding the Project Menu: Deep Dive into the Resources for Mozcamp Beta (15min)
Walk through the Project Menu resources as preparation for the Mozcamp Beta
- Learn to recruit people in a mission-centric way
- Feel empowered that these skills already exist in the community and know how to scale them
- Familiar with a menu of possible community building actions
What you'll make together
We'll make an expanded menu of action that a community can take.
At least 5 tables. Chairs in a large circle for all participants. Paper, post-its.